• Form 1003 — The residential loan application — including the attached Fair Lending notice, loan info sheet, and credit authorization. Note: Do not use whiteout on this paperwork. Mistakes should be crossed out and initialed.
• Copies of W-2s or tax returns for the previous 2 years.If you own rental units, provide the most recent rental agreement and tax returns for previous 2 years.
• Your last 3 bank statements along with the most recent statements for any mutual funds, IRA/401(k), or stock accounts.
• Settlement agreement and divorce decree (if applicable).Letter explaining how you plan to utilize refinance proceeds if you’re seeking a cash-out refinance.
• Non-U.S. citizens must present their Green Card or H-1 or L-1 visa.If you’ve filed for bankruptcy, present a schedule of creditors, discharge notice, and filing.
• If you’re applying for a second loan, include the first mortgage note.
These documents may not be all-inclusive, but by having these on hand, you will expedite the application.